‘Inspired by the Past, Embracing the Future’
Strategic Directions 2015–2020
The School Council has endorsed a vision that will continue to refine and improve the educational and pastoral program in context of our Ignatian tradition, which informs the principles and practices at the College.
Strategic Directions 2015–2020 builds on the Preferred Futures document (2005) and is designed to equip the students of Saint Ignatius’ College Riverview with the skills, attitudes, dispositions and capacities to become life-long learners. Students will take their place in and contribute meaningfully to their local and global communities.
- Build on the strengths of the past to inform the present and create new futures that will enable students to experience growth and success.
- Promote excellence in Catholic and Jesuit education.
- Form a personal and robust faith through action in the learning and service programs.
- Achieve quality teaching and learning in all aspects of school life.
- Engage the support of students, parents and staff to promote and fulfil the mission of the College.
- Develop and review processes to encourage accountability
Strategic Directions (2015–2020) will be implemented by action plans developed by the College Executive, with annual reporting to the College Council.
Strategic Directions (2015–2020) is cognisant of and responsive to the key priorities and initiatives that reside with the Society of Jesuit in Australia and the Jesuit Assistance of Asia-Pacific. Read more about Strategic Directions 2015 – 2020.
The Riverview Foundation
Continuing the Mission, Changing Lives
Today, the average annual cost of a Riverview Bursary is $20,000. The College is now challenged with raising $1.5 million each year to maintain the financial stability of this important program. But, we see this as a tremendous opportunity. The opportunity to educate, to unleash potential and be agents of change in someone’s life Each year you, and other Old Boys like you, give generously to the Bursary Program so we can continue the Jesuit mission of providing an education to young men, regardless of financial circumstances.
Our goal, as Old Boys, is to meet that challenge by providing 1/3 of the funds—$500,000— through the Class Bursary Program annual fundraising. Together we can take the opportunity before us and create meaningful change in the lives of these boys.
With your continued support, we can meet this goal, ensure the continued success of the Riverview Bursary Program, and leave a legacy for future generations.